One of our favorite mottos at GMA is “Participation Equals Success.” It’s another way of saying that you get out of your GMA membership what you put in. It’s why we encourage all of our members (newcomers and veterans alike!) to get involved with the organization and attend the events that fit with their schedules and business goals. We hear stories every day about connections made, business earned, information learned, friendships nurtured, partnerships formed, skills enhanced, and relationships grown through GMA events and activities. In fact, these stories are the best part of our day, knowing that GMA is truly valuable to our members.
If you’re seeking more ways to get involved with GMA, here are five ideas to get you started.
1) Make sure you and your key staff members are on our mailing list. Are you getting mail and email from GMA? If not, email us (email@example.com) to be added to our database.
2) Attend networking functions, seminars, and other GMA events. Why are you a member of GMA? Is it to increase your exposure within the business community? To get sales leads? To provide motivational or skills-based training for your staff? Check in frequently with GMA’s calendar of events at mygma.org and see what interests you most. Don’t forget that it’s FREE for ALL employees of GMA member companies to attend almost every GMA event, so don’t hesitate to take advantage.
3) Volunteer. Becoming a GMA event volunteer is an easy way to get in front of every attendee at the event and make yourself stand out. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our volunteer database, and we will let you know when opportunities arise. Most volunteer shifts are around 1-2 hours, and you can participate as your schedule permits.
4) Join a networking group. GMA has three noncompetitive referral groups that meet weekly to share leads and information and develop strong professional relationships among fellow group members. Call or email us to find out more.
5) Interact with us and your fellow members on social media. Check out GMA on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram to see what everyone is talking about.
With so much to offer, the key to getting the most from your GMA membership is discovering the benefits, events, and activities that are most important to you, whether it’s networking, education, or community involvement. What is your “GMA Participation Equals Success” story? We’d love to hear from you.